WHAT IS ENERGY EFFICIENCY?
Energy efficiency consists of a review of all systems consuming energy, which are then modernized and optimized. The goal of this operation is to provide the same service as before (heating, lighting, etc.) with much less energy consumption.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR YOUR BUSINESS?
Energy efficiency is an investment with unparalleled characteristics. Few projects offer so much value for your business.
1. MAJOR SAVINGS, UP TO 40% OF YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL
The cost of energy consumption is usually much more important than the purchase price of the equipment itself (see box) and represents an important source of savings. One of our clients at Quantum Energy saved more than $4M in this way. It goes without saying that every dollar saved is an extra dollar of profit.
DID YOU KNOW
… electricity costs more than you might think.
- The purchase cost of electric equipment is minimal when compared to the energy cost over the equipment’s lifespan.
- As a whole, we tend to give disproportionate attention to the purchase cost to save a few dollars. In reality, the electrical costs are up to twenty times as important as the initial purchase. It becomes a matter of choosing the proper equipment.
- Energy savings are precisely where the biggest savings can be found. And they are HUGE.
*on is lifetime.
2. INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR ENTERPRISE
Every saving is a boost in productivity, generating a steady influx of profits for your business. The value of your enterprise will quickly rise, often with 5 to 7 times the previous profits.
3. A LOW-RISK INVESTMENT
- SUSTAINABLE. With accurate calculations, energy savings can be both long-term and reliable.
- TURNKEY. Our engineering consulting firm goes through three steps when developing a project: Requirements analysis, engineering calculation and project implementation. Nothing is left to chance.
The consumption curve shown here displays the grocery store’s kWh and net kW over the course of three years, with one year before the project implementation and two years after. Though this graph, we observe that our work began in November 2013. The curve from 2014 to 2015 shows that the resulting savings are sustainable in the long-term
Analysis of a project over the course of 3 years, with multiple saving methods. The long-term savings are prominently shown on this graph.
4. AN INCREDIBLE RETURN
Over time, Quantum Energy has perfected a specialization in developing projects with rapid returns on investment (typically within 2 years, sometimes less than 1 year). Our calculations are very precise and the returns on investment are not artificially inflated for the sake of appearances. (See One Project, Two Calculations )
DID YOU KNOW ?
Once installed, an energy efficiency project can provide a rapid return on investment, often within 1 to 2 years. The interest rates at the banks will never match the income from our projects.
5. AN ECO-FRIENDLY INVESTMENT
Our planet is suffering and requires action on our part. Energy efficiency projects allow us to use energy in a more effective and sustainable manner. All old equipment we remove during our projects are safely recycled or disposed of. Metals, plastics, glass and cardboard are recycled while mercury from HID and fluorescent lights is sent to a treatment facility for hazardous materials. All negative impacts on the environment are reduced as much as possible.
6. NEW EQUIPMENT
Energy efficiency projects often necessitate the replacement of old equipment with new, cutting edge technology. Over time, the savings from a project end up paying for the new equipment all by themselves. It’s hard to find such an upgrade for so little!
7. LIMITED FINANCIAL RESOURCES?
For businesses with tight financial restrictions, or which prefer to allocate their capital to other projects, it is possible to plan a project with no initial payment. These projects can finance themselves with the savings made every month, freeing some monthly surplus even at the onset of a project.